Sum Assured: The sum assured that is provided by a term plan, should be sufficient enough for complete coverage for your family’s needs, even in your absence. The overall investment that you make in the form of payable premiums is the basic parameter for the sum assured.
Inflation must be taken into consideration: There is a rise in the prices of commodities and services due to inflation over some time. Insurance is a futuristic platform for your financial coverage, therefore the scope it offers must be taken into account with the corresponding rise in prices over some time.
The flexibility of Payment: A good insurance plan must be flexible to ensure that the accrued benefits are paid to the nominee(s) as per their convenience and choice. The accumulated benefits can be either paid as lump sum one-time payments or in the form of regular monthly pay-outs that suit your family’s needs as and when required.
Term of the plan: Choose a term plan, as this will directly impact the corpus that will accumulate by the time of requirement. The timely decision will give you the benefits of time and regular investment is benefitted for the creation of the fund corpus.
Payable Premiums: The insurer must be paid a premium as per your budgetary allocations. It must suit your needs and requirements. It is very essential to have any additional riders and the affordability of the plan.
Multiple benefits of Insurance to customers
- Affordable Premiums: Get a high-value life cover from an insurance plan by paying an affordable premium amount. You can make payments either monthly/half-yearly/yearly.
- Whole Life Cover: This kind of plan offers coverage till the age of 99 years and it is substantially a longer cover.
- Sum Insured Pay-out: The family member will receive the sum assured as pay out in case of the unfortunate demise of the insured person. The policyholder can select this payout as a lump sum, an income that is either monthly or annual.
- Critical Illness Coverage: If critical Illness coverage is included in your term insurance plan, you will get a lump-sum payout upon diagnosis of any critical illness that is covered in the plan.
- Accidental Death Benefit: If any accidental death benefit is added to your term insurance plan. It will offer protection against any trouble in the future.
- Coverage for Terminal Illness: A lump-sum payouts can be given in term insurance plans if diagnosed with terminal illnesses like AIDS.
- Tax Benefits: You can avail of tax benefits on premiums paid under section 80C along with premiums paid towards critical illness benefits under section 80D. The sum assured/ death benefit, received by the nominee as a lump-sum amount is also exempted from taxes subject to section 10 (10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Why do you need an insurance plan?
Insurance is one way to protect your life, your health from accidents and disasters that can happen. It saves you from huge financial struggles and setbacks and serves as a roof over your head when things go wrong. It relieves you from a substantial financial burden at the time of crisis.
There are many different types of insurance available such as general insurance plans, health insurance, accident insurance, term insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, vehicle insurance, property insurance, etc.
Insurance plans act as a financial backup at the time of emergencies such as injury, accidents, illness, and even death which can leave you and your family facing tremendous emotional strain.
Insurance makes retirement secure over a long-term period and makes you financially secure post-retirement. The insured person will get a pension as accumulated income.
Insurance plans help to create regular savings by allocating funds in the form of a premium every year. The policyholder gets money back after a few years of investing in the policy.
Insurance helps to secure your future with a steady income flow that meets your and the family’s needs. Without it, some unforeseen crises can shake life.
Insurance provides peace of mind with financial security. The medical insurance plan will cover you and your family at the time of hospitalization. It comes in handy in a time of crisis.
It covers health care costs like vision care, dental care, prescription drugs, and other health-related items.
It also covers your day-to-day costs and larger expenses like your mortgage, so that you can focus on your health and recovery.
You can take vacations without worrying about flight cancellations or emergency medical expenses abroad.
Insurance covers repairs and replacement of any damage to your home that is covered under the policy. It offers protection against theft, damage from dangers like fire and water.
It helps with the coverage of auto repairs, healthcare costs, and legal expenses due to collisions of vehicles and injuries.